Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Blondes Have More Fun?


Recently I made a huge change! I went blonde! I've been a brunette my whole life and I've never really even made any kind of change to my natural color (besides last summer when I temporarily self-dyed by hair maroon...yeah). 
On Pinterest I had been seeing all of these gorgeous photos of girls with light and flirty blonde hair and after drooling over these pictures over and over I found myself wanting what these girls had. Since it's the middle of the summer and I don't have a job, I figured why not give the look a try! If it didn't work out I didn't have to worry about being forced to face the public eye before I would fix it so I decided to take a leap of faith and try something new.
I began this process thinking I could make the change myself so I took a trip to my local drug store and picked up a box of hair dye. The blonde I chose wasn't super platinum or too dirty blonde to me, it was supposedly "golden" blonde. Now on the side of the box it said not to go more than two shades lighter than your natural hair color. I'm naturally a pretty dark brunette, me being me I decided to disregard anything the packaging had to say and decided to do it anyways. Like I said earlier, my attitude coming into this was that if it looked bad I could always easily dye it back dark. My hair didn't change much at all, it was definitely lighter but nothing super significant. My hair naturally has a lot of red in it so my hair looked more auburn than brunette after the first dyeing.
A few days later I bought another box of the same dye and dyed my hair again. This time my hair came out more orange...great. It was really only noticeable in certain lights but I wasn't too worried since this was all fun and games for me. Although I wasn't really digging the light but slightly orange hair. I was considering purchasing another box of dye but by the time I did that and really got my hair to the lightness that I wanted it, I felt like I could've just gone to a salon and gotten the results I wanted the first time and it'll be done right. My awesome dad said that he would pay for me to go ahead and get it done professionally and I jumped at his offer! I was of course scolded by my asian hair stylist for using box dye and causing my hair to have an orangish hue but whatevs! Now my hair is successfully blonde and I love it! It'll definitely be a change with having to keep up with the blonde hair now but for the time being I'm enjoying the change and so far I've gotten all positive feedback! Hopefully I'll continue to love it! 


xoxo, Tay

No comments:

Post a Comment